Pages

26 May 2010

A few creations...

It is down to the wire, getting ready for Farm Chicks!!! I've been busy (probably not as busy as I should...) working on some projects.... It is really hard combining all I want to accomplish with the busy life that comes from raising four active children!!! Soccer practices for two of them have resumed, daughter #3 has to dress up like Amelia Earhart this friday for her Afternoon of Achievers - where do I find flying goggles...? - , as part of PAC Hospitality coordinator for our Elementary school I have to be involved with the year-end staff luncheon, all of this while planning our trip to Europe in a little over 3 weeks...!!!! Yikes!!!!

Can you say S-C-A-T-T-E-R-E-D...???


Anyway, before I show you the projects I have been working on, I wanted to show you my little treasure from Cindy's barn sale.... This darling buffet is simply adorable, isn't it? I will probably use glass knobs and this piece is ready to use!!! I haven't decided if I am keeping it or not...




Do you remember this desk I shared a few posts back?




Here is the desk, complete with a paint treatment, a burlap cover and a sweet ruffled trim... I think it turned out pretty sweet, what do you think?






This vintage laundry cart just needed a good soaking (the liner, that is), but I didn't want to stop there, so I gave the silver base a coat of blue paint to match the sweet trim. Love the result!




Even though I don't usually work with red too much, I fell in love with this linen fabric by The French General... I made a long pillow with a pompom trim, and am very happy with the result.






Finally, my sweet husband spent his weekend working on this project... Did I mention I have the sweetest husband ever...?? It is a twin headboard and footboard turned bench, and once it gets a coat of paint and a cushion, I think it will be a knockout!!!




23 comments:

  1. Hi Isabel :) Your transformation are fabulous! Love that sweet buffet, and love what you did with the victorian headboard, making it into a sweet bench....can't wait to see it's finished transformation!, I know it will be just FABULOUS :)

    Thanks for sharing, warmest always, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabel,
    Very cute stuff! Love that little buffet you got at Tarte.

    I've never been to the Farm Chicks sale....really want to go .... would it be horrible of me to go on my daughter's birthday? hee hee....

    Maybe take her with?? ;)

    xo,
    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bench.. can't wait to see when you are finished. Oh and the laundry cart mooey fabulous :) Enjoy your day!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything is gorgeous Isabel...the bed turned bench is going to be an absolute stunner when it is all done...i love that desk too with it's cute little ruffled topper:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabel, that bench is just the BEST--look forward to seeing the end results.

    Farm Chicks or bust!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want that laundry cart!!! want, want, want! I'm sure by the time I make it to your booth at Farm Chicks it will gone to some lucky gal. Since this is my first time to Farm Chicks I'm so excited. I have a feeling I will be so overwhelmed like my first trip to Canton, TX. I walked around in a daze. Can't wait to see all you goodies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness...I don't know how you do it all! I think your makeovers are marvelous! Have fun at Farm Chicks ...wish I didn't live on the other side of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok. I seriously want that red bolster. I love red. Have bits of it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red linen pillow is stunning!!! I just love it! And the laundry cart is the other thing that would come home with me.
    You have a good eye for how to fix things up.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red fabric on the pillow and the pom pom trim. The laundry basket is cool too. Have fun at Farm Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are sooo talented Isabel! I love every single piece! That bench is going to be fabulous when it is done!

    p.s. I am working on coming back in July for the BH flea...I hope to see you there!

    Have fun in Europe!

    xo,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the little laundry cart..I've always wanted one of those! I know all your transformations will be fabulous! Come on over for a visit...I am having a fun giveaway!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHH, You have once again done wonders! Where do you get the energy from?????
    Red is cool. In smaller doses it's very cheerful & fresh;- keep it coming, Superwoman :o)))
    -Sylvi

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous is that table with the burlap ruffle,,, love it... as well as the others... the pillow is beautiful. my goodness you are so talented... have a great week

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isabel-
    You have some very cute things for the Farm Cicks show. Good thing I'm not going. I'd have to buy it all from you! I'm thinking it's time to get my hubby on a bed/bench project. Your bench is just adorable!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Isabel, it`s been so nice finding your blog, you have awesome treasures here, and your furniture makeovers are wonderful!!
    I`m an avid collector too, my passion is enamelware as well as old country furniture. From now on you have a new fan.
    Greetings from Chile,
    Maria Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you have been a busy lady!!! LOVE!!!! what you have done. So creative:)
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are one busy girl! The bench is great can't wait to see it finished!

    See you soon,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on the laundry cart - it would fit in perfectly with my laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice things Isabel!!!
    Blessings
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet little buffet, love it. And your desk looks wonderful now, that is a great way to fix an ugly top. Love the huge pillow and the bench!!! Love that bench. I am currently working on a very small headboard and footboard. It will be a small version of that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That headboard bench is truely inspired & will be lovely (on my porch, maybe :-D )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely!! I can't wait to see everything in person!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin