Pages

27 December 2008

A Monticello outing, finally!!

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful and encouraging words sent my way regarding my quest for a happy new rear (that was cute, Pam)!! It means so much to me to have your support and inspiration, since I have truly bad habits that will be difficult to break (aka chocolate)!! My oldest daughter said that if I can go without ice-cream for an entire month, then she will not drink any soda!!! Isn't that great? I will be posting my progress, as promised!!

Today, I was finally able to go out to Monticello to restock our booth, after having been stranded due to the Arctic Blast here in the NW...!! I have to be honest, I actually enjoy being home and, unlike many others, was not "itching" to go out!! But I always love to go there!! Lots of pretties to look at...












































































I gave this cute little cabinet the "shabby" treatment, and I love the way it turned out!





















Here is something sweet someone did for me.... I have a memory board in my booth, to which I added a little sign...





















... someone (very sweet!) wrote the same message on the other side but with a much prettier handwriting!! That was very touching! Thank you, unknown friend!














I was very good and didn't buy anything, but I would have loved to walk away with this adorable pink medicine cabinet from Sue's booth!



















Christmas day was a lot of fun! We took the kids to see "Bedtime Stories", and the movie was actually better than I thought!! The kids played most of the day with their new Guitar Hero and I got what I wanted from Santa:





















I adore Ina Garten and refer to her Barefoot Contessa books all the time! And Mamma Mia is such a feel good movie, a must have! I also treated myself early this month to an early Christmas gift, an adorable vintage wicker stroller I found in Randy's booth at Monticello! It now graces my huge mantle!





















On Christmas eve I stopped by Lisa's house to drop off a little Christmas gift, and was absolutely in awe of what she had for me!!!




















...some vintage barkcloth...



















... a cute tissue holder she made herself, a piece of vintage ticking, a darling perfume bottle...



















... a sweet vintage cup (for my collection)...





... a lovely framed print (isn't that frame incredible?)... Wait, there's more...


















... a cute little child's dress (to use as a lampshade cover) and a Farm Chicks shirt (we wanted one when we were there in June but they were all sold out when we went looking for them!)...



















... and this amazing vintage bed light!!! Oh, and two rolls of vintage wallpaper I forgot to take a picture of... Isn't she an incredible friend??!! Of course I felt absolutely inadequate with my little puny gift... I'll have to make it up to her!! Thank you so much, Lisa, I love it all!!!


I will be posting my first ever giveaway soon!! I am actually making something special for my sweet blog friends, so be sure to come back!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny Isabel. When I saw that stroller in Randy's area, I thought of you. Then when it was by the garage door I wondered if you had bought it. The color on it is GREAT! Glad you got it!

    Love all your goodies from Lisa too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!!!! I always enjoy my little visits to your world!!
    Happy "new rear" to us all!!!::))

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post! I love everything in it - so inspiring and vintage. Glad you had a lovely Christmas - Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your beautiful blog.
    I'm saying hello and good luck with your weight loss venture. I know you can do it.
    Hugs
    Claudie from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got home and read this post! I had so much fun finding those treasures for you. I'm so glad you like them and shared them on your blog. Now everyone will want to be my friend. ha ha Just kidding. Looking forward to a fun "New Rear" with you. We need to set up a walking date soon!

    Love you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for getting the stroller that you fell in love with! How sweet Lisa is to give you such beautiful things, with such thought to each and every little thing. Sounds like your Christmas was great. I hope your New Year is even better!!

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, and I don't blame you, I would faint if I could buy that pink medicine cabinet!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! I JUST FOUND IT and want to add you to one of my favorite.
    Keep the fun stuff coming,
    Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin