Pages

11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

My sweet husband and kids surprised me today with a wonderful, yummy breakfast!! Lovely pink roses (of course) were a thoughtul centerpiece to the banquet table. I knew they were coming, since my five year old son blurted out "Mommy, we got you flowers!!" yesterday, at dinner time... My daughter Rita gave me a beautiful card where she explained why her mom is special! I was reading it out loud at breakfast, and then I came to the part where she says "I think my mom is best at ... cleaning up the house"... I chuckled and said "Boy, I am so glad your standards are so low!!". Then my funny husband said, without loosing a beat "this is not a wish list, Rita...!!" Of course, we all cracked up laughing!!!


Today, I also think about my mom. I have always been close to my mom, and I know she was heartbroken when I moved an ocean's away. My mom is very much a mama bear, loves to have all her (six) kids around and always has our best interest at heart. She would do absolutely anything for us, and I love her so much!! I am sharing a picture of her when she got married, 50 years ago. Isn't she beautiful?



I went to Monticello yesterday, and took some wonderful pictures to share with you... Lisa and I have a space, there, under the name "Tickled Pink". We started our venture 4 years ago at an antique mall in Sherwood, where we live, then one day she took me to Monticello, and this magical place has become one of my favorite places to shop! The prices on most things are very affordable, the displays are gorgeous and the selection, as you will see, is to die for!!
Enjoy the tour, there are a lot of pictures!!




































































I hope you have enjoyed my tour...! If you are ever in Portland, make sure to include a visit to this wonderful antique mall!! Here is the address:
Monticello Antique Marketplace
8600 SE Stark Ave.
Portland, OR 97216
Tel: (503)256-8600
Or you can visit them on their own blog!
Have a great mother's day, everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. What fun this was! thanks for all of the photos!! I see many things I'd love to buy and a few things I already have. The picture of the boy and the fish bowl is wonderful and those are so collectible, too.

    Someday I am going to come and visit you girls!!!

    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. Isn't it fun to get the cards our kids make? And the not-so-surprising surprises?

    Thanks for your wonderful pictures of Monticello. I think it's time for me to stop by there again soon.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pictures you took at our favorite antiquing place. Good job! Love the card Rita made for you too.

    XO

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabel, My two kids (?) ages 40 and 41, always made sure I had some of their artwork.......I still treasure a lot of it....I don't think we ever believe they are really grown up to tell the truth...or maybe we just don't want them to be. Loved "shopping" by way of these great photos....I'd love to have a place to go around here that looks like that. I know you and Lisa have a blast! Thanks for showing us the goodies......Pat at birdnestontheground

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Isabel'
    It was fun to take the tour, even though I have been there many times. I love trying to figure out which picture went to which booth... I love that Alex learned to ride his bike, what is it with these boys and the fact that they have absolutely no modesty??? Sam is just as likely to come out without clothes on as with??
    Glad you found so many treasures.
    See you soon!
    JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture of your mother! Such a keepsake. Sounds like you also had a great day with your husband and kids. Hard to beat it! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to pop on by next time in your neck of the woods. Love your blog! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Isabel,
    Like you, I've been visiting and loving many blogs for a while. Just found yours and it's wonderful. The pics of Monticello are jaw dropping!!! I'm in Tennessee, but you can be sure I'm trying to figure out how to make a trip to Oregon. Oh, how want to visit Monticello.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...such eye candy, makes me want to shop till I drop...
    sharon

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin