Pages

31 March 2010

{Fabulous} Dream Girls Weekend

First and foremost, I wanted to thank all of you who reached out to me with your sweet and warm words after my last post... I rarely post such deep and intimate thoughts, but knowing that you were there to listen was such great comfort and meant more to me than you will ever know... That is the wonderful blessing of blogging, it knows no boundaries and the love and friendship you receive in the form of a true embrace can heal any aching heart!!!

This last weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered... Good old pure, unadulterated FUN with the most fabulous girls ever!!!! Our wonderful friend, Tiffany, organized an incredible workshop with the ever so talented Terry Brush, and Lisa and I headed up north, as giddy as school girls!!! Not only were we going to work on some fun decoupage and soldering projects, we were so excited to finally meet some wonderful gals we had admired from afar and revisit great friends!! It turned out to be (and I don't say this lightly) one of the best weekends of my life!! We laughed so much our cheeks hurt, and, just like magic, we all became a true sisterhood of kindred souls!!!

Before arriving at Tiffany's, we met up with Timi and Donna at the beautiful Today's Country Store, in Sumner. It was so nice to catch up with them over a delicious lunch... Timi is a self proclaimed Queen of Junking and is the motor behind a new venture called Come Junk with Us, which organizes super fun bus trips to some of the most popular junking events in the PNW. She is, right now, organizing a trip to Farm Chicks from the Seattle area, how incredible is that??!!!




After some great shopping we anxiously headed to Tiffany's house... Pinch me!!!!!






Tammy and I were birthday girls and were spoiled with a cake and some gorgeous and very thoughtful gifts!!



(super cute linen pouch by the uber-creative Jeanne!)

Tiffany lives in the country and is so lucky to have some acreage for her horse, donkeys and chicken (and her sweet dog Dazy)... Can you say "farmgirl envy"...?!




(Cookie, her new mini-burro)



(Jeanne, me and Lisa)

The set up for our workshop was breathtaking.... Not only did we have all the supplies we needed, we were presented with little treats, an adorable personalized charm and the cutest folder made by one of my favorite people in the world, my friend Joy!!







Tiffany was so gracious to allow us to "raid" her (insert angel voices singing here....) dreamy studio for anything we needed!! What a kind soul she is!!!








Here is some of my work in progress...





It was truly a memorable weekend and the hardest thing was to say goodbye to all these fabulous women!!!! I only hope it won't be long before we can all be together again, because a piece of my heart left with each and every one of them!!!



Back row left to right: Robin Laws, Kim Taylor, Tammy Akervold, Linda Morrison, Amy Mc Coy, Kris, Terri Brush, Donna Tinney
Front row left to right: Isabel Lang (me!), Tiffany Kirchner-Dixon, Maija Lepore, Jeanne Oliver, Lisa Johnson

13 comments:

  1. oh, you all look soooo happy, and what gorgeous crafts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I will dream of such a weekend....heavenly! So glad you shared that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parabéns atrasados!!! Fico feliz por saber que te divertiste muito nesse dia.

    Bjs

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I read a post about it, it makes me miss you all again. It was truly such a gift to be able to spend those days with you, to celebrate your birthday, and to get to know you more than I already did. You are such a dear friend Isabel and I feel so blessed to have had time to really create a solid bond with you.
    Love you~
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg isabel, I was so happy to have you here!!!! It was a blast, wasn't it! Your photos turned out fabulous, especially the one of my adorable cookie!!!
    Miss you already!!
    xoxoxox, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh would I love a weekend like this. How wonderful! I need some time to get the creative juices following. This looks like you had a spectacular weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. greetings!

    i just popped over from tiffany's blog. i HAD to see the creator of that amazing egg. beautiful!

    looks like a completely dreamy time!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just loved meeting you!! It was such an intimate weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you kidding me??? Can you say jealous!!! I would have jumped on a plane in a second to get to see you and be a part of this! I am so happy for you! I am glad it was just what you needed...and Happy Birthday!

    xoxo,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you a happy and blessed Easter!!xxx Gypsy Purple

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that looks like so much fun!!! Glad you had a good time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I wish i was there! What a fabulous girl time,I'm jealous!! Wish people here we're so girly and frou frou!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I adore the little eg with the bride and groom, too stinkin cute!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had such a good time. Let's get together next week! I will take you to lunch for your bday!
    JOY!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin