Pages

08 February 2009

Blog Party at Joy's!!

What fun we had yesterday at Joy's house!!! Joy, Martha, Lisa and I were hosting a blog party, and the turnout was great!!! What a wonderful way to meet new friends and revisit with old ones!!! There were some workshops planned for those interested, including crowns and valentines, lots of great conversations and laughter, and of course munchies all day long!! Here is the Queen Bee, joyful Joy!









Joy's home is a treat to the eyes, I am always very impressed with her eye for detail and her display talent and Lisa and I have both resorted to her for help decorating our own homes!!































































































Joy has a darling shop just outside of her door, open for seasonal events, and that is where the workshops took place.
























































Joy's sister, Tony, is making valentines...





















... and Christa and Julie are starting their crowns with Joy's assistance!






Jori is a Creative Memories consultant and decided to make a Queen of the Crop crown...! Look at the back!











































Christa from Chloe Rose, Julie from Kindred Spirit Soap Co., Betty and Michelle proudly wearing ther works of art!!

































My sweet friend Sylvi from Little Cottage and her adorable daughter Cecilia wearing theirs... I love this picture!!!!

We also enjoyed so much seeing our good friends Joe and Jermonne, from Barn House and Cindy, the Queen of Tarte!! Cindy has her own grand opening barn sale planned for this month, if you are in the area you will not want to miss it!!



































It is always fun to visit with Timi and the Hubs, from A Girl Named Timi, we wish they could have stayed longer!!!!





















Our friends Pam from My Grandkids Rock and her daughters Mindy from Miss Priss and Stacey, were so sweet to stop by and say hello!!


It truly was a day filled with friendship and laughter, and we were sad to see it end...!!! We will definitely have to do it again!!!


18 comments:

  1. What a great looking party. That looked like a lot of fun. I think I'm in love with the one mannequin wearing the doily pasties. That's a heck of an outfit. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel, I had such a great time on Saturday. You are all soo much fun. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. Hope to see you soon.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like so much fun I will have to be sure and go next time. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! I am going to be in Oregon in July, and was wondering if there will be any good antique shows around that time. I don't know if they are generally open to the public, but would love to go to some. I love the pictures that you have posted. My house was built in the 1890's and would be so fun to find some cute vintage stuff for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was so much fun! I missed you all and a fun party! Bummer. Hope to see you soon.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like just a great party! Wish I could have come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures! I was fun and I so enjoyed hanging out with you all. We will have to plan something again soon. Hugs, M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I want to go to the next one!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a small, small world! thank you so much for coming by today and saying hello. i am so glad you did! yes i am sure we did meet and yes i was the person who took the photograph of cindy's boots .... and her blue high heels :) i don't know if you looked but hte post just below the one you commented on had a photograph of another person from oregon that is active at Barn House... Laurie Miller from Worthy Goods..we went picture taking together last week.

    it looks like the party at joys was very fun crowns? awesome idea! you led me to her blog and i sent her an e-mail with a couple of photos i took of her things at the Barn House. i don't know that she and i actually met..
    again thanks for coming over to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Isabel! Thanks so much for putting on such a fun event!! We had lots of fun...

    J & J

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you soooo much, Isabel, for the wonderful time we had over at Joy's house! We loved every minute of it! Hope to see you soon, so we can continue "catching up" :o) I never heard your whole story;- to many interruptions! You gals where quite brave to take on such an event & for those of us, who where lucky enough to come, went home with tons of good memories (& a crown)!
    Hugs,
    Sylvi
    PS: I have borrowed some of your pictures! Hope it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure looks like fun. what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ike you had so much fun! Can't wait for the tutorial/instructions for the chest of drawers make=over it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you guys had a blast...wish I could have been there. Great pics! Love the doilly pasties... thank you!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a FUN party. I love the fact that she has a shop right outside her home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,

    This is such a fun party, and the crowns are amazing!

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. You all looked like you were having too much fun. What a cool idea!
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stopping by (late!) to thank you for co-hosting this wonderful event. I had a wonderful time and my crown is now at home in my studio. I loved creating it. If you do this again, I would love to come.

    Blessings-

    Christa
    Chloe Rose
    Kindred Roses

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin