Pages

16 February 2009

So much to do, no idea where to start!!!!






















We had a busy weekeend following our kids from soccer games to gymnastics meets, not much time for romance but a great time for us to spend together (except when we have to divide and conquer!!)...


I'm still working on decluttering the house, but it seems like just as fast as I fill bags with outgrown clothes and things we don't need anymore, more stuff appears out of nowhere!!!! Like beading a necklace without tying a knot at the end.... Which may explain why I feel the need to cut down on shopping (not to mention money seems to be quite scarce nowadays...)!! So, on my way to Monticello last week, I only stopped at one thrift shop and only bought one thing!! This adorable wedding dress that I bought for a song since it was 50% off!!! I love the ruffles on the back... I may tea-dye this one like I did this one!!!




















































At Monticello, I couldn't resist this adorable bed tray... Especially since the price was great!!!























Today, I have so much stuff to do I don't know where to start.... So, instead, I decided to start working on a project I have been wanting to do for a long time (yes, this is how I avoid tedious chores...)!!! Here is a preview of what it looks like right now... You can tell where I'm going...?? I am trying to get some things done for the Expo Antiques Show on the first weekend in March, where I will be selling with my friends Joy and Maryann. And I need to move my rear and get that Etsy account going!!!More details to follow!!!























Update: Still not many chores done (plus I had to go pick up my oldest daughter from school because she wasn't feeling good...), but I am done glue basting the buttons and I am ready to sew them!! Thank goodness my sewing machine has a button sewing feature, so it shouldn't take me too long... Can't wait to show you the finished pillow!!










22 comments:

  1. It looks like a crown pillow to me. Love that wedding dress and bed tray too. See you on Wednesday if not sooner.

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your button project. I collect buttons and can't seem to part with them. Hope you having a great day, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo-hoo! I have a lovely bag of buttons which my mum and I sorted from her collection at Christmas - now I hvae lost them! When I find them, I will remember your lovely design for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like SUCH a beatuiful crown something or other... and I am loving that bed tray!

    Have a great week. xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, but that crown!!! How beautiful is that going to be?!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it will be a framed piece of artwork. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Have a wonderful evening.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love anything with crowns. I can tell this will be especially beautiful and can't wait to see the finished product :-) Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crown is just great; can't wait to see the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your button crown pillow-to-be. Thanks for your fun blog -- always enjoy visiting it. Good luck at Expo next month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh....I love the crown made from buttons.....I never looked to see if my machine has a button sewing function. My machine is a 25 year old Janome hand me down from my mother-in-law. I love it.....it's like a cadillac compared to my former one which was like a Ford Pinto.....it broke down more than it worked....:o). I look forward to seeing you at Expo. I'm trying to get things ready too.....

    Blessings-

    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looove that button crown, Isabel!!! What a stunning idea!
    Beautiful wedding dresses too, all that lace is always useful for crafting, isn't it??
    Hugs,
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lovin the button crown!!! Hope to see you at expo...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marilyn again. Woke up thinking about your button crown design -- I'm really impressed! What about pillow shams? Or a linen lampshade? What the heck ... do a whole line of bed and bath and then license it all to Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea with those buttons. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE the crown project!!!! ~ XOXO Joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. this gown is adorable...one should almost get married to wear it...and this crown is even more beautiful, made of all those buttons....why are buttons so attractive to women?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hurray! I found my vintage buttons! I hope that it will be OK if I put a link from my blog to yours, please, so that people can see your lovely button crowns and maybe get some ideas about what I can do with mine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI!!!! Wow am I glad you came by!!! Look at that pillow, I just love it, you will see by my blog that I am mad about CROWNS!!!! Lovely post, I will be back!! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your crown pillow! Can't wait to see the finished beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin