Pages

01 September 2009

More sweet treasures

This past Sunday Lisa and I visited the Oregon City Antique Faire, a sweet little street antique show a mere half hour from home. We have sold there in the past, but this year we got a bit lazy!!! The best part is that all our friends converge there, so it truly becomes a social gathering with some of our favorite people!!!! I came home with some pretty sweet treasures, most of them at incredibly low prices!!!























This vintage fabric covered box is full of sewing notions, including vintage rick rack!























I love this sheer coverlet!



... a darling little baby book...


























... a vintage needlepoint panel...























... a vintage embroidered pillow cover...




... a scrap from a crazy quilt (I am loving the stitching pattern from the reverse, maybe I will make a pillow using the inside fabric!!)

























... a cute embroidered pillow...




... a sweet vintage framed photo...























... I absolutely love this vintage wallpaper chest of drawers!




... I am thinking of using this adorable tin to store snacks...





Love, love, love this lamp, it reminds me of Queen Isabel and the miracle of the roses . And, for $5, it was a no brainer!
















Today, Lisa and I were setting up for the Fall Premier Show at Monticello, which starts Friday and goes on for about a month. These shows are absolutely wonderful, and all the great vendors do an incredible job creating the most amazing displays!! I am hoping to bring you some previews later this week, so make sure to check back!!! I came home today with two treasures, a vintage heart shaped tole tray and a sweet handpainted motto frame. Sweet!!











































11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time.

    Did not get to go, but I'll be at the the Coburg Antique Fair for a look around.
    It's closest to Eugene, and a bunch of the gals will be there. =0))

    Same bunch you guys know?
    Vintage Trifles, Molly Moe's??

    Not sure who all will be there.

    blessings,

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is lovely, Isabel, especially the fabric boxes.
    And love the white sugar tin! Be careful to store snacks....!!!!!!!!;))))))))))) (I do not keep snacks handy anymore! Sad, but it works!!:))
    Hugs,
    Monicaxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the sweetest things, Isabel. p.s. how are the plans for your etsy shop going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blog, just in my taste.
    Your devotion for vintage of most kinds, I can surely relate!

    You found some really nice stuff, especially the sugar tin box. The funny part is looking up and buying and the selling is a lot of hard work (combined with the fun of gathering with good friends), dont you think? ´

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful things, Isabel - I do like the two little sets of drawers and also the crazy patchwork scrap - that would be a wonderful piece of heritage to own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you girls just are non-stop! This looks like such an amazing buying trip and you found great things! I have caught up on a few posts and am in love with how everyone is decorating with the subtle colors with natural influences. Your cained chair will be fabulous recovered in linen. I have been using drop cloth fabric lately and am loving it - after I was it several times and use nearly a full bottle of fabric softener.

    have a sweet day!
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Isabel

    I love the vintage wallpaper chest of drawers!!! Also really like the picture with the girl on. A different expression to the ones you usually see.
    You always buy such beautiful things!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds! Love the photo and embroidery of the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that sheer PiNk coverlet should be mine, mine, mine! :0) Is it cotton with chenille dots? Let me know if it's for sale please. :0)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the coverlet and the sugar box. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that (sugar tin).
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin