Pages

01 August 2008

Crashing the party!!

I was, as usual, too late to sign up for the "Show Me Your Dress Form" party hosted by Tiffany, from Shabby Scraps, but I decided to share mine anyway... Unlike other people, I have never named my dress forms!! I am open to suggestions, though....

I love putting romantic, flowy dresses on my three mannequins, and then play with accessorizing. I bought this gorgeous pink dress and vintage bag from Diane (Molly Mo's) and just love it!! It sits in my bedroom.









This dress form was found at a garage sale, and also resides in my bedroom. I looooove the embroidered apron, and the button necklace was actually made by my youngest daughter, Rita. I think it is adorable!





The wicker dress form is one of my favorites!! It was given to me by a good friend, Jeanne, when she moved and didn't have the room for it... She found it at a garage sale for $5.00!! I still remember when she found it... We were on our way to Seattle to attend a quilt show and do a shop hop there and back, but no more than 5 minutes away from her house we saw a sign saying "garage sale", and I swear the car just took off in that direction! Once we put the mannequin in the car, we looked at each other and thought "do we really want to take her with us all the way to Seattle?" So we went back to her house to drop her off, and I still chuckle when I remember Jeanne's husband's face when I carried her in... He could only utter the words "Please tell me that's yours...!!!" They just don't get us!!!



Finally I wanted to share with you THE most delicious recipe!! Natalie Anderson, from Sparrow, was the winner of the Barn House Bake Off with these scrumptuous Coconut Lime Bars!! She was so sweet to send me the recipe, and I wasted no time making them, so here it goes! Thank you so much, Natalie!




















Coconut Lime Sour Bars


Crust:
2 C flour
4 T sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 stick plus 2 1/2 T butter

Mash together (dry, but holds together). Pour into 13x9 baking dish. Press into pan as evenly as possible. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.


Filling:
4 eggs
1 C chopped almonds
3 C coconut flakes
1 1/2 C brown sugar

Mix and spread over hot baked crust. Bake 30 more minutes.


Glaze:
4 T lime juice (2 limes)
1 1/2 C powder sugar
2 tsp lime zest

Glaze while HOT. Work quickly.I usually add a little bit more lime juice to thin the glaze a bit.

ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Isabel, I wanted to crash the party also. I heard about it on Lisa's blog and it sounded so fun, but alas it was to late. I should have done the same thing you did, good job! You've dressed your girls up so lovely. Love the dresses.
    I'll have to try those lime bars, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabel,
    Thank you for sharing your delicious treats with us tonight. I love lime anything but these were over the top yummy. Now that the move is done, I ran right home to catch up on my fav blogs. Love your latest entries. You're the best.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabel! I'm so glad you crashed the party. Your dress forms are fabulous!! Cute stories too. Now I think I must go and make us some of those yummy looking coconut lime bars - heaven help me, they look good!!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isabel...I may have to crash the party and be late too!! I visited your booth at the Portland Expo...I did a post about it, if you'd like to stop by my blog...I'll give that recipe a try...It looks soooo good!...Take care, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Isabel , I am working on a setting up my BLOG - can I add you as a site I love to visit? Hope to see you at Molly mo's .
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww! sweet isabel! i am so glad you made them!
    Thank you!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin