Pages

16 June 2009

Funky Junk Sisters Show

In the spur of the moment, Joy, Lisa and I decided to drive on Sunday 2 1/2 hours north to visit some of our friends at the Funky Junk Sisters first annual show in Puyallup, WA. We had so much fun!! It was nice to be able to visit with our friends without having to worry about rushing back to our booths, like we always do.... And we came home with some great treasures!























The Funky Junk Sisters with Mom!





















We were delighted to see our sweet friend Tiffany from Shabby Scraps, she is always so upbeat and we love her!!















Kris and Amy from Today's Country Store had a wonderful space at the show...











We met up with Timi and Laura (not in the picture...) and giggled a bit more...!! Timi has the funniest blog and her stories always make me laugh!











I would have bought this adorable framed vintage wedding veil from Lulu if I could afford it... But I did buy some other cool stuff from her!









Debi had a wonderful collection of horse prize ribbons, and I couldn't resist buying some from her....



































































After we left the show, we couldn't resist traveling just a few minutes away to Sumner, and visit the Today's Country Store... What an incredible collection of vintage goodies (I was so mesmerized I forgot to take pictures inside...)!! Then a couple of stops at Goodwill (what is a fun day without some thrifting...?) and home we came, happy and tired.


I was very happy with what I bought, some I will keep and some I will sell... Here is my loot!!























I always love to find old feed sacks...























... Cool metal suitcase...























Lisa says I am a magnet for little vintage doll strollers...























... You know I love needlepoint...























... Love the detail on this small silver tray...












This chair is one of my favorite purchases!











... Old quilt block...







... Sweet vintage prize ribbons...





































... Old letters (from 1914!) and a rosary....





























... And this darling old rocking chair!























... Old brush, hanger and fabric...








... A vintage necktie box, frame and bed lamp (this one at Goodwill). Also at Goodwill, these awesome white cowboy boots! Too bad they're too small for me...






























Finally, a great Craigslist find from this weekend!!! A tufted velvet chaise (very comfortable!!), which will go with me to Expo in July... That reminds me... I've gotta get busy!!!
























18 comments:

  1. ahhh, you know I love you girls too! So gald to see you at the show!
    The needlepoint pillow looks great in your chair, I am glad you are happy with it!
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a haul! I love the doll buggy & feed sacks especially. Please visit my blog to see the doll beds I got at a garage sale on Saturday - and enter my drawing for my 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so jealous that you got to go another show...sigh..you picked up some great treasures and that craigs list find is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome place and awesome stuff!
    I live on the wrong side of the US!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Isabel, I like everything you got, but especially the old letters and rosary, and those beautiful pastel prize ribbons. Beautiful! And how nice for you to see the lovely Tiffany there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all that I am seeing, I wich I could have been there!! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow! The tufted chaise is amazing! Wow! Dang! I love it! The show looks like it was a blast. I hate that I couldn't make it. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many great stuff!
    I'm loving your dress and your little jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how we missed my friend Erin and I were there, we were there when they first opened. There were great treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so glad you came to our show. It was so nice to meet you in person. Everyone certainly knew when you arrived - there was a fun laughter coming from each booth you visited! Hope you guys decide to join us as vendors next time. Everyone wants us to do a fall show, are you up for it?

    Linda & Dixie
    The Funky Junk Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you girls had lots of fun!

    It's my first time here and I enjoyed my visit. Thanks!
    I found you through Federica at Sweet as a Candy. She has a wonderful blog too.

    Why don't you come visit me as well?
    At sweeterhomes.blogspot.com I have a great contest where you can win a subscription to House Beautiful.
    At sweeterlivin.blogspot.com I have a fun challenge for all bloggirls that like to decorate.

    See you soon!
    Greeting from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up witcha tonite Isabel. My ohhh my, I would have spent a wad of money at the shows that you have been to lately! ~xo~ Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo...great findings, Isabel.Those letters and the rosary would have made my day!And let me guess...just like by magic everything will be turned into some pink funky stuff, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Isabel,
    I can't believe everything you brought home with you. Fantastic, I love it all!
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that I am finally starting to put the faces to the blogs...Thank-you so much for stopping by and saying Hi, and for taking away my surprise suitcase! Have been lurking about your blog for years. See you at Barn House! Lulu aka Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im dying to come to your guys booth again! I need some new inpiring goodies!Whens the next show you will be attending?

    ReplyDelete
  17. what are the dates in july?
    i would love to come!

    ReplyDelete
  18. small world!! Lulu sold that framed wedding piece at the show to a gal I know, I bought it from her & now I am selling it at the Funky Junk show in a couple days! how funny is that! ;) xo!!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin