Pages

23 July 2009

BH Flea Market ~ the people, the food, the treasures!!!






















I know I haven't written much about the magical weekend that was the BH flea market last weekend.... That's because it's really hard for me to come up with the appropriate words to describe it!!! Where do I begin? The whole weekend just felt like a BIG GROUP HUG from all our friends... The people, the fun, the laughter, the food, everything just surpassed any expectations I had!! I took lots of pictures, but it wasn't until I downloaded them into my computer that I realized I had barely taken pictures of the most precious "commodities", the people!!! I was so bummed! Especially bummed for not taking a picture of my hostess, Tiffany, who was so sweet to invite Lisa and I to stay in her RV... Thank you, Tiffany, how fun was that, I truly loved it!!! You can link back to the BH blog to see a list of all the incredible vendors that participated in this magical day.























Lisa and I getting ready for a fun and busy day!!







Linda, aka Luluz, is one of the nicest people I have ever met!! I have never seen Sylvi without a smile on her face!! And Sue is a wonderful friend and fellow dealer!



Natalie and I... I love this girl to death!!!





















Thea, Lynne and Heather... The modern age Musketeers!!!





Our sweet Joy!























Our new friend Kim (whom we had met at Farm Chicks), was an angel to lend us a hand unloading our trailer on Friday!! We had so much fun with you, Kim, and can't wait to see you again!
















































... And the best hosts a girl could ask for, Jermonne and Joe!! This picture was taken last year, but it is one of my favorites!!


For the show's after party, I made a Chicken Panzanella Salad and promised to post the recipe, so here it is... The basic panzanella recipe is from the Barefoot Contessa (you all know how much I love her!), I only added the chicken!! Since I was too busy devouring the delicious food, I forgot to take a picture, so I am borrowing one from Tiffany's blog!!





















Ingredients

3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 small French bread or boule, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons capers, drained
2 cups cubed cooked chicken


For the vinaigrette:

1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions

Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together.
In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.



I didn't want to end this post without showing you the treasures I brought home with me!







I have great plans for this screen!!


I have sold a couple of vintage swim caps in the past, now I am wishing I would have kept them and started a collection!






















I will be back tomorrow (wow, 4 posts in a week, that has to be a record for me!!) to participate in Karen's "Where Bloggers Create" party. That will be exciting, I can't wait to see everyone's spaces!!


8 comments:

  1. What a fun bunch of lovely ladies. I sure wish I could have been there.
    All that beautiful and gorgeous stuff, thanks for sharing the photos loved it..

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next year... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there! I love your vintage swim cap! Adorable!!!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. **sigh** kiling me over here! Great photos!! I will be back tomorrow to see where you create! love your finds..oh yes I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely pictures and the jealousy they ensue. :) Also, thanks for the info on the party tomorrow of creative spaces...can't wait to participate and see all the lovely creative rooms.

    ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Isabel,
    Your blog is always such a delight to visit, even though I don't take the time to leave a comment every time!
    The BH Flea was a great event & I loved to be in the company of so many sweet & talented people!
    This weekend, my sweetheart & I are taking off to the Colombia Gorge, to combine relaxation & fun: He will go kite boarding & I will go thrifting.
    Take care, my friend!
    -Sylvi

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the photos I've seen sure makes it look like the event to see and be seen at! I can't wait to see what you do with that screen...I can only imagine how gorgeous it will be.
    Ahhh, swim caps! Brings back memories of the good old days when we all looked like q-tips bobbing around in the water. They never did keep my hair dry!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi isabel! I loved having you and lisa stay with me! So sorry it was so last minute!
    I loved your salad too, thanks for sharig the recipe with us all, I plan on making it real sooN!
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy and appreciate your comments!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin